2007-08-24

Forbidden City with photos

Yesterday I had my tourist's day. Sightseeing is absolutely important and young travellers often underestimate the importance of checking out famous spots. It tells you a lot about the people... What are they proud of? How do they behave at their sights? Why are they behaving in that way?

The Forbidden City and the imperial gardens are beautiful. My problem is that I care too much about details. I see careless work everywhere... Some of the old temples are as charming as waiting halls at railway stations. Anyway, I took some photos. I tried to focus on interesting views and details.






















Very nice...



Vörös zászlónk leng, lengeti a szél! A csata, harc bíbor hajnalán...



Sporty Communism.




Visual culture...

















I think it's funny.














We need more pagodas in Europe!



















Wooden cealings in the Forbidden City. The style reminds me of Reformed Churches in Eastern Hungary and Transsylvania...

















Interesting chimera (I am not happy with this architectural term) in the Forbidden City.



































A boring ornament, but often used.






























Dragon column.



















Interesting advertisement in a "communist" country...


















No comment.








One of the many "Székely gates" in the Forbidden City.

.

















Who is the real world power? Matryoshka!

















Our "csodaszarvas" has a place in the Forbidden City... The deer is a mythological figure and a kind of guardian spirit, in the Hungarian tradition. Other important "totem animals" in Hungary are the turul, the dragon, the grey wolve and some more. They all have their roots in Central Asia. The deer and the dragon have also a long tradition in China, they were already heraldic animals of clans in ancient times.

In Hungary we have political scandals about turul statues... Photos like this one show how stupid this is.

















Some interesting chimeras again.

I want to live there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wowowowowow!!!

amazing stuff with amazing pictures..
trust me i want to be there as well... take lots of pictures and culture for me to show it to me in the westtt siiiiide

peace