2007-08-19

Japanese poster art

“Japanische Plakate - Heute”

Kunstbibliothek, Berlin

2007 June 15 – September 2



















Once again Japanese graphic design rules.

I got to the exhibition by a fortunate coincidence. I was on my way to the Scythian exhibition when I saw a poster in the subway station. The poster already had a great artwork, so I thought: why not? My limit for one day is 5 exhibitions or 2 big museums.


“Japanische Plakate - Heute” shows 158 posters from 24 artists. They are all master pieces.

After Munich, Zurich, Prague and Berlin the exhibition moves to Warsaw, there is the last chance to take a look at the exhibits.


My favourite poster – I guess it is very famous, but I did not know it before – is the following:
















It is simple, but perfect.


No comments: